If so, have you considered adoption?
Placing your child with a loving family who wants to parent a baby or young child is a brave and loving choice. It is a choice you can feel positive about, and you can be sure your baby will grow up in a loving home where she is cherished.
Did you know you can even receive updates on your child as they grow and even occasional visits with modern, open adoption?
Adoption no longer means you have to say goodbye to your child forever. You can even choose the parents who are open to the amount of contact you would like to have in the future.
Adoption allows you to:
- Avoid foster care for your child. For example, if your child is born with substance exposure, instead of child protective services taking them and placing them in foster care, you can choose the parents you want to adopt your child and avoid the foster care system.
- Know how your child is growing and developing in the future. With modern, open adoption, you can receive updates, pictures, and even visits.
- Move forward with your life without having to parent. Becoming pregnant does not mean you must either abort or give up your dreams. Adoption can be the solution.
- Potentially receive financial help during your pregnancy. Pregnancy can have some unexpected expenses, but if you have an adoption plan, you may be able to receive help with pregnancy-related expenses.
A surprise pregnancy can be hard to process. You will probably wonder…
- “What am I going to do?”
- “Who should I tell?”
- “What am I going to do about school?”
- “What am I going to about work?”
- “How am I going to tell my parents?”
- “How am I going to tell the baby’s father?”
These and many more questions are probably running through your head.
Help is available.
You can call or text, the National Adoption Hotline at 800.923.6602 to run your questions and concerns by a friendly voice that has the answers and solutions you need.
You don’t have to tackle this important life event alone.
When you call the National Adoption Hotline, you will be provided information on your options. In addition, you will be given questions to ask yourself to help you determine what the best road forward is.
- Am I ready to focus all my time and energy on a baby every day?
- Do I have the financial and emotional resources to care for a child?
- Do I have support from the baby’s father both financially and emotionally?
- Do I have a safe and loving home for my child?
- Do I have access to reliable childcare?
There are a lot of issues to consider when you are pregnant and trying to determine what to do.
Call us at 800.923.6602, text, or contact us through our form, and we will help you work through all of these questions and more.